join our team
* House Parent Couple: Lyndsey’s Place Teen Parent Program
Project Restore is a ministry with a mission of restoration and healing towards women and children who have been victims of trafficking and trauma. We accomplish this via outreach and residential care. Our stateside residential homes are missional ministries for teen girls who have been trafficked or are at-risk for trafficking.
We are currently launching a new program/home for teen moms called Lyndsey's Place Teen Parent. This home works with teen mothers and their child(ren), teaching them how to successfully function as single mothers while still accomplishing their personal goals through the power of Jesus Christ. Our motto is to teach to everything, thus our Teen Parent Program functions as a teaching home where our residents learn life skills, participate in cooking classes, financial responsibility workshops, grocery budgeting, job skills, parenting classes, therapeutic services, and more. Lyndsey's Place is an eight bedroom home situated in a residential neighborhood in Mercer County Pennsylvania and is licensed as a supportive foster home. Our home will be lead by a ministry couple who walks with and guides our teen moms through this season of learning and change.
The House Parent Couple (HPC) plays a pivotal role of rebuilding the concept of trust, safety and stable relationships for the girls who enter our program. e are looking for a full time missionary minded couple to run the weekly program. We follow a 12/2 schedule. (Weekends off every other week.) We also offer a bi-weekly date night where the HPC is off duty for 3 hours of that evening every other week.
Our program encompasses life skills, job training, trauma informed Christian counseling, horse therapy, biblical teaching and much more. While we partner with various professionals to get these services to our residents, the HPC plays a pivotal role in ensuring the residents successfully follow the program.
We are looking for a strong, biblically sound couple. Our ideal couple has been married for at least 3 years, has a true relationship with Jesus Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit and has experience in outreach ministry together.
We expect the female house-Parent to run the majority of the program (case management , mentoring and teaching) with the girls. The husband may work outside the home, but is expected to demonstrate exceptional Godly character and set an example for what female/male interaction should look like while in the home.
House Parent benefits includ:
● Free internet
● On duty vehicle
● Gym membership for wife
● $ 750 monthly stipend after certification (during certification, stipend will be $400 a month… certification process can take up to 2 months)
● Comprehensive Training program
● The satisfaction of knowing you are shaping lives.
Requirement: The House Parent couple must be legally married for at least 3 years and each person must be at least 27 years of age at time of application.
Additional prerequisites include:
● A strong Relationship with Jesus Christ
● High school graduate (college education preferred but not required for one applicant ).
● Prior experience in working with at-risk youth
● Ability to successfully complete clearance process.
● A teachable spirit
● Ability to lead as well as follow
● A desire to help build this ministry
● In agreement with Bethel Life Worship Center Doctrine and Mission (www.blwc.org)
● Current Driver’s License in good standing
To apply for this position, please submit:
- Resumes for both husband and wife (a thorough joint resume is also acceptable)
- A Cover Letter highlighting...
- Relevant work and ministry experience
- Why this ministry position appeals to you both individually and as a couple
CONTACT INFO: Please submit Resume and Cover Letter via email to email@example.com. Please title the subject HOUSE PARENT COUPLE-TEEN PARENT PROGRAM.